The development trend of home appliance mould steel in Europe and the United States is that carbon tool steel, low alloy tool steel, high alloy tool steel, a series of new mold materials have appeared one after another, and the alloying degree of mold standard steel is also increasing. For example, in the United States, all 15 kinds of hot work die steel alloy elements are greater than 5%, and there are 10 kinds of alloy elements greater than 10%, and the amount accounts for 80%.
1. Extra-large forged and rolled home appliance mould steel with high hardenability, such as 40NiCrMoV7 in the international standard ISO, 40NCD16 in the French NF standard, etc.
2. High thermal strength home appliance mould steel, such as American H10A, and 5Mn15Ni5Cr8Mo2V2 steel of special steel company.
3. High temperature hot work home appliance mould steel, such as American T2M and T2C.
1. High toughness, high wear resistance home appliance mould steel, such as Vasco Die (8Cr8Mo2Vsi) steel from American Vanadium Alloy Steel Company.
2. Low alloy hollow micro-deformed steel, such as American ASTM standard steel grades A14, A16, etc.
3. Powder metallurgy cold-worked home appliance mould steel, such as CPM10V in the United States, 320CrVMo13.5 in Germany, etc.
1. Plastic mold steel with easy cutting and good polishing properties, such as 412 and M-300 in the United States, YAG in Japan, EAB in the United Kingdom, STAVAX-13 in Sweden, etc.
2. Pre-hardened plastic home appliance mould steel, such as P20, 445 in the United States, PDS in Japan, MOVTREX-A (2312) in Germany, etc.
3. Overall hardened plastic mold steel, such as American A2, D3 and H13, etc.
4. Corrosion-resistant plastic mold steel, such as 110Cr-Mo17 in the national standard ISO, 4Cr13 of Sweden ASSAB company, etc.
From infiltration of a single element to multi-element co-infiltration and composite infiltration, from general diffusion to CVD, PVD, PCVD, ion infiltration, ion implantation, etc. The coatings that can be used are: TiC, TiN, TiCN, TiAlN, CrN, Cr7C3 , W2C, etc. At the same time, the heat treatment method is developed from atmospheric heat treatment to vacuum heat treatment. At present, technologies such as laser strengthening, photoion nitriding and electroplating (brush plating) anticorrosion strengthening have also received increasing attention.
In order to strengthen the competitiveness, the production of home appliance mould steel abroad tends to be centralized, and many companies have merged across borders. In order to compete better, these companies have built complete and technologically advanced die steel production lines and die steel scientific research bases, and formed several world-renowned tool and die production and research centers to meet the rapidly developing die industry.