Injection mold is a kind of tool for producing plastic products, and it is also a tool for giving plastic products complete structure and accurate size. The phenomenon of dark color and poor gloss often occurs in the processing and manufacturing process of injection mold. What are the causes of dim color and poor gloss? How to solve the problem?
The gloss of the mold surface is mainly determined by the type of plastic, colorant and surface finish. The causes of dim color and poor gloss and the main solutions are as follows.
1. Poor finish of injection mold, rust on the surface of cavity and poor exhaust of mold.
2. Too much recycled materials are used, the quality of plastics or colorants is poor, water vapor or other impurities are mixed, and the quality of lubricants used is poor.
3. If the gating system of the injection mold is defective, the cold feed well should be enlarged, and the flow passage, polishing main flow, shunt and gate should be enlarged.
4. The material temperature and mold temperature are low. If necessary, the gate local heating method can be used.
5. Plastic should be fully plasticized, but the degradation of the material should be prevented. The heating should be stable and the cooling should be sufficient, especially for the thick wall ones.
6. The clamping force should be enough in the producing and manufacturing process of injection mold.
7. Injection molding mold processing pressure is too low. The injection speed is too slow. The injection time is insufficient. The back pressure is insufficient. All of these conditions could result in poor compactness and dim surface.
8. To prevent cold material from entering the parts, use self-locking spring or lower the nozzle temperature if necessary.
The above 8 points can avoid the problem of dark color and poor gloss of injection mold. Even if this problem occurs in the production process, it can also do a good job in remedial measures, minimize the impact on the production progress of the enterprise, and increase the production efficiency of the enterprise.