Injection molding mold manufacturing can be roughly divided into the following steps:
Before designing the mold, the designer should fully analyze and study whether the plastic product conforms to the principle of injection molding, and needs to negotiate carefully with the product designer to reach a consensus. This includes necessary discussions on the geometric shape, dimensional accuracy and appearance requirements of the product, and try to avoid unnecessary complexity in the manufacture of injection molding molds.
A set of high-quality molds requires not only good processing equipment and skilled mold manufacturing workers, but also a very important factor is to have a good injection molding mold design, especially for complex molds, the quality of the mold design accounts for the quality of the mold. more than 80%. An excellent mold design is: on the premise of meeting the requirements of customers, the processing cost is low, the processing difficulty is small, and the processing time is short.
To do this, it is necessary not only to fully digest the requirements of the guests, but also to have an understanding of the injection molding machine, mold structure, processing technology and the processing capacity of the mold factory itself. Therefore, to improve the level of mold design, the following points should be done:
1. Understand every detail in the design of each mold, and understand the purpose of each part in the mold.
2. Refer to the previous similar designs when designing, and understand the situation during its injection molding mold processing and product production, and learn from the experience and lessons.
3. Learn more about the working process of the injection molding machine to deepen the relationship between the mold and the injection molding machine.
4. Go to the factory to understand the process of plastic injection molding products, and understand the characteristics and limitations of each type of processing.
5. Understand the test results and mold modification of the injection molding mold designed by yourself, and learn from it.
6. Try to use the more successful mold structure in the design.
7. Learn more about the influence of mold entering water on products.
8. Study some special mold structures and understand the latest mold technology.
In the selection of mold materials, in addition to considering the accuracy and quality of the product, it is also necessary to give the correct choice in combination with the actual ability of the mold factory's processing and heat treatment. In addition, in order to shorten the manufacturing cycle, the existing standard parts are used as much as possible.
In addition to giving the best structure and reasonable tolerance in the design, the precision of the mold is very important for the machining of parts and the assembly of the mold. Therefore, the selection of processing accuracy and processing method occupies an absolute dominant position in the manufacture of injection molding mold.
A set of molds is only 70% to 80% of the entire manufacturing process from the start of design to the completion of assembly. For the error caused by the inconsistency between the predetermined shrinkage and the actual shrinkage, whether the demolding is successful or not, how is the cooling effect, especially the influence of the size, position and shape of the gate on the accuracy and appearance of the product, it must be tested by mold trial. Therefore, mold test is an indispensable step to check whether the injection molding mold is qualified and choose the best molding process.